Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cocktails and Unrequited Love

Don't worry, people... I've figured it out. Well, sort of. I have an IDEA of what I'm going to do now. Since I can't fit a business degree in 4 semesters, I've decided to keep my English Writing major and minor in business. I'm not sure yet what I want to do with that, but hopefully it will keep lots of doors open... we signed up for classes this week, but I can always change things around when I get back to Saint Mary's in the fall.

Did I mention I'm going to be an RA next year? I can't remember if I did. But all this thinking about classes and rooming is actually getting me really excited to go back to Saint Mary's. I miss it, and I'm excited to get back to my challenging classes that push me to do my best. And I miss football-- American football, that is!

So this week was spent just catching up on everything and relaxing after 3 weeks of traveling. I was literally WALKING for 3 weeks straight, and my feet and ankles were SO sore. When I got back from the airport after dropping my sister and cousin off, I took a 5 hour nap! As much as I love traveling, it's always good to come back and get back into a schedule. And I missed my bed and my teddy bear! So this week was pretty chill... on Wednesday we went to 8D Dodder (Debbie and Micheal's room) for dinner, and Micheal made us chocolate muffins! We also had some craziness this week because Micheal confessed his undying (and, sadly, unrequited) love for Elizabeth. But they finally talked about it, and we're all back to being friends.

On Thursday we were all invited by Gwen (one of Debbie and Micheal's other roommates) to go to the Glenroyal for cocktails. So we all got dressed up and I ate two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches WAY too fast and felt sick the rest of the night. But I got a "woo woo" at the bar which was SO delicious and didn't taste ANYTHING like alcohol (which is how it should be). It was peach and cranberry! SOOO scrumptious! After that we went to the Roost. It was so good to see everyone back from break. And at the end of the night, when everyone was singing really loud to a song on the dance floor, I was just sitting there watching. I felt like it was the end of a movie and there should be credits rolling across our faces. There are just moments when you feel like you're in a movie... moments that make you realize how fast this ride is going, and how you don't want to get off. I don't want to get off...

No comments: