Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I trust

Before today, all of my favorite things were just in a pile in the middle of my bedroom. Now, excluding the things I need to use before Monday and the clothes that are still being washed, my life has been conceled in two giant bubblegum pink suitcases. Goodbye blue house. Goodbye little brother. Goodbye Denny's. Goodbye Bourbon Chicken. Goodbye friends.

I think I'm getting nervous because I have no idea what my future holds. I don't know what Ireland's like, I don't know what is going to happen this year. I have no idea what the weather will be like, what the shopping will be like, what the people and the food and the school is going to be like. And I am a very organized, responsible person. I am a planner-- I make sure I know what is going on at all times and what I am getting myself into. But this year, I will be taking a leap into the unknown, and THAT'S what scares me. But it seems like whenever I am aching with a terrible question (this time "How to Be Uncomfortable With Uncertainty), I find wisdom in the words of a fellow author. And this time was no exception. So, here I would like to share with you the wise words of Betty Lou from Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli:

"Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don't rent them out to tomorrow. Do you know what you're doing when you spend a moment wondering...? You're cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you're stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today that you wasted is gone forever. It's now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you'll never know."

So, like Stargirl, "I will sail into the future on mystery's wings and I will not look back... Let's just be fabulously where we are and who we are. You be you and I'll be me, today and today and today, and let's trust the future to tomorrow. Let the stars keep track of us."

"Leap and the net will appear." -Julia Cameron

I trust.

No comments: