It's sad to see all the Irish students moving in today with their families here to help, but what's even more sad is that my roommates STILL aren't here!
Today I finally got to sleep in! Some of the girls went to church, and after, Beth's Irish roommate Deborah took us into Dublin to show us around a bit. We met her friend Jason there too; Deb and Jason are soooo nice and friendly. We took the train into Dublin which only cost like 5 Euro. (Luckily, the German dream boat came too and we all got to chat with him a bit... although we found out he has a girlfriend at home. But that's okay, we can still be his friends.) We stopped to eat at a cafe and I had a delicious chicken pannini (yes, I DID spell that right; here they spell the word "panini" with an extra "n".) After that we walked down to Temple Bar which is pretty famous. We went in a few shops, and then to a shopping center where we found a TK MAXX!!! I got myself a new winter coat, and now I'm finally done spending money (until it comes time to go on a trip!) We didn't have a lot of time in Dublin today, but we got to know Dominik (the German boy), Clare (his French friend), and Deb and Jason, and now we know where the train station is and we know how to go about getting to Dublin, so all in all it was a good day. We only had a slight problem getting the train to come back... Jason took us through Trinity College to get the the train station there, but when we got through the college, the entrance to the train station was blocked off, so we thought we were going to have to walk all the way around (and then we'd have missed the train), but we found a whole in the fence and slid through... it was quite funny, but some ladies watching us didn't seem to approve. But we made the train! When I told Deb today that I'm Polish, she told me that I look a bit Polish: that I have Polish cheeks... just something kind of interesting that I learned about myself! :)
It also didn't rain all day today! Two days in a row with no rain! It's been beautiful! (knock on wood).
Tonight Deb is providing us with nachos, fajitas, icecream, and tequila (although I only gave her 5 Euro instead of 10 because I'm only going to be there for the food.) At least I don't have to cook again! And where there's people, there is warmth!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment