Saturday, September 8, 2007

A Splendid Year

I can't believe that in one weeks' time, I will be thousands of miles away, across the atlantic ocean, living on an island with hundreds of strange irish lads and lassies. I haven't started packing (only 2 suitcases of 40 lbs each... how am I going to pack for 9 months with only two suitcases of 40 lbs each? I could fill that with SHOES!), I've barely begun to say my good-byes. I've actually been trying to avoid thinking about leaving at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I'm better at just "ripping off the band-aid" (right, elyse?)... therefore, I refuse to think about it until I absolutely have to. For now, I'm going to spend as much time with my friends and family as I can. The "me" that will exist in Ireland will be a different "me" than the girl that exists here right now. My life in Ireland will be a different world, and when I am in it, I will exist in the moment, and will not wallow in what I may be missing at home. Don't worry, friends, I will miss you, but I know I will see you again, and with that I am content.

I hope you all have a splendid year. And if you find a four leaf clover, hear about another fighting irish loss (or win, if we're lucky), or spy a rainbow after a warm fall rain, think of me!

No comments: